This website contains links to other websites. This privacy statement does not apply to those websites.
In this privacy statement the term ‘personal information’ means information or an opinion that is recorded in any form, whether true or not, about an individual whose identity is apparent, or can reasonably be ascertained.
Collection of personal information
It is intended that this website can be used anonymously. However, for some functions, the collection of personal information is necessary or unavoidable. You will know if Diyhometint.com is collecting personal information from you because you will be requested to provide it.
There are two exceptions to this:
- When someone else provides the Diyhometint.com with your personal information. Diyhometint.com cannot prevent this. However, you are entitled to access and to correct any personal information about you collected by the Diyhometint.com.
- When the Diyhometint.com collects statistics using software techniques such as clickstream data, cookies and web beacons. For an explanation of these techniques, and how they are used, see below
The statistics in No. 2 may qualify as personal information under the definition used above. However, these statistics are not used to identify individual web users.
Use and disclosure of personal information
Personal information that is collected by Diyhometint.com will be used by, and disclosed to, Diyhometint.com’s employees or contractors whose duties require them to use it. Such employees and contractors are required to protect and handle your personal information in accordance with the applicable legislation regulating the collection, use, disclosure, storage and destruction of personal information.
Access to and correction of personal information
You may request access to any personal information that Diyhometint.com may have collected about you. Also, you may request correction of your personal information if you can establish that it is not accurate, complete or up-to-date.
Internet user risks
Diyhometint.com does not warrant that the functions contained in the site will be uninterrupted or without error. In addition, Diyhometint.com shall not be responsible for the propagation of computer worms, viruses or other harmful components transmitted from this site and other third-party sites.
Diyhometint.com recommends that you ensure that your browser is equipped with updated virus protection software.
Internet statistical collection methods
Clickstream data and visitor logs
Clickstream data refers to visitor logs and statistics that provide useful information about users’ online experience without identifying individuals. Typical clickstream data collected includes:
- visitor’s computer address (ie Internet Protocol, or IP, address) and relevant domains
- times and dates of site visits
- pages accessed (including most visited and least visited) and files downloaded
- browsers and operating systems used by visitors.
Visitor logs are used on this site for statistical purposes only, and no attempt will be made to identify you or your browsing activity. When you visit the site, Diyhometint.com’s Internet Service Provider (ISP) makes a record of your visits and logs the following information for statistical purposes:
- your server address
- your top-level domain name
- the date and time of your visit to the site
- the pages accessed and documents downloaded
- the previous site visited
- the type of browser used.
This information will only be used to update and improve the site.
This site uses ‘cookies’ to make your experience of the site easier and more efficient. A cookie is a small data file placed on your hard drive by the web page server. A cookie cannot retrieve any other data from your hard drive, pass on a computer virus, or capture your email address. Note that the cookie will remain on your computer as a record for future visits to this website.
You can configure your browser to notify you when you receive a cookie, providing you with the opportunity to either accept or reject it. You can also refuse all cookies by turning them off in your browser or deleting all cookies from your computer if required.